With the advancement in computer technology and systems there is also a parallel development of computer virus and malicious software.
Such viruses and software may crash our operating system and also steal our identity. Such virus mainly travels here to there from our USB devices like pen drive, memory cards, and other storage devices like ipod , mobile phone cd , dvd etc. Here is a way to keep your Computer safe from such infected storage devices.
When ever you insert your storage device into your computer if it is infected by virus it may try to run a autorun file or it will automatically run some scripts and softwares so that the virus will transfer to your computer also.
You can restrict your computer from running those autorun scripts so that the virus will not come to your computer.
So here is how to do it.
First of all open notepad ( by typing “NOTEPAD” in the command box that appars after clicking start>run ) and type the following text in it:
Now save the notepad file anywhere in your computer with some name and extension as REG or save it as “AUTORUN.REG”
Now go to the place you saved the file and double click on it a dialoge box will appear click yes on it.
So now autorun files will not run in your computer and your computer will be safe.
But some time disabling the autorun might give some problem like if you buy a software cd which have a autorun file that runs the installation file for the software then there might be problem.
In that case you can always enable the autorun again.
To do so first of all go to start > run and type “REGEDIT” in the command box.
A window will appear now search for “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” in the window and expand it in series in following sequence:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > IniFileMapping
You can see “autorun.inf” below the “IniFileMapping” section just right click on “autorun.inf” and chose delete.
The autorun Is now enabled latter on when ever you want to disable autorun again double click on the file “AUTORUN.REG” we saved at the beginning.
- wordpress blogs
- safest storage media
- how do i keep my storage media safe
- is autorun safe
- Is auorun inf a virus for computer
- is a dvd disc safe against a computer virus?
- how to open usb in safe by virus
- How to make notepad virus for diSable usb
- how to lock usb file in notepad
- money hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\inifilemapping\autorun inf
- how to lock file autorun in on usb
- how to keep storage media safe
- how to disable usb using notepad
- how to disable USB storage registry run cmd
- how to disable usb by notepad
- how to disable storage memory from autorun
- how to disable new storage autorun
- is autoruns safe
- linux disable autorun commands
- linux how to prevent autorun pendrive
- will autorun virus wreck my computer
- USB storage safe
- usb storage disable software buy
- usb safe autorun block
- usb safe autorun
- turn off auto run linux pendrive
- software disable autorun -gpedit msc right click
- script for usb storage disable
- safest regedit to block autorun
- safe virus PC storage device